What Are Some Signs That Are Not So Obvious That Tell You It’s Time to Call a Water Damage Restoration Palm City Company?
Water damage is one of the biggest plagues to strike homes that displaces lives and causes devastating expenses to families. How quickly you are able to call the best water damage restoration company in Palm City means everything when it comes to protecting the integrity of your home, as even waiting an extra hour can mean the difference between minor restoration, and facing thousands in repair costs.
Some situations make it painfully obvious that you need to call a Palm City water damage restoration expert like Titan Remediation, while other symptoms may not be so clear. This article is intended to help homeowners learn how to catch the early stages of water damage so they can call for remediation services before the matter grows out of control.
When to Call a Water Damage Restoration Palm City Company Due to Roof Issues
Clearly, if water is raining into your home from the roof, or even if you have a drip in the ceiling, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you need to call for water damage restoration services without delay. However, some signs with roof trouble that almost always lead to water damage are not so obvious. These include the following:
- Water spots on the ceiling – There are a lot of people out there who see spots on their ceiling, and they think it is just a sign of an aging home, or signs that the paint is deteriorating and it’s time for a new paint job. But spotting on the ceiling is a clear sign that moisture is entering through the roof into the home’s structure. When this happens, especially in Palm City FL where the moisture index is high, you could also have a mold problem festering in your walls, and mold is toxic for people.
- Granule filled gutters – Due to rain, harsh weather, and aging, shingle granules can come off the roof and go into the gutters. When this happens, you should call for a roof inspection and have the shingles replaced. If you see smooth or bald spots on the roof, then you know you have shingle damage. You should also call for a water damage restoration Palm City expert to examine the rest of your structure to check for water damage and mold when these signs are visible.
- Blistering or cracked shingles – When shingles age, granules deteriorate; when exposed over time to direct sunlight they become brittle. Ultraviolet light damages the inside of shingles leading to them developing cracks or blistering. Not only will this impact the aesthetics of your home, but it can make your roof vulnerable to water damage during the next rainstorm.
- Bowing – If you see bowing in your roof or bulging, it could be that your construction materials have expanded due to becoming saturated with water, and this damage can spread.
- Water spots on exterior house walls – When you see water spots on the exterior walls of your home this could be a sign of step flashing–the portion of the roof that meets the wall where rust has formed, or the area becomes loose allowing rainwater to come in and create this type of spotting. Replacing the step flashing can mitigate the problem, but you will want to have a water damage restoration expert inspect the rest of the structure, and you will also need to call a roofing company to inspect the roof.
Titan Remediation has more than a decade of experience in responding to calls made by homeowners who have had these exact symptoms, and the majority of the time there was in fact water damage, and the problem would have grown worse had they not called. If you have any of these symptoms, call Titan Remediation to get the best water damage restoration services Palm City has to offer.
What to Look for In Plumbing Problems That Require Help from a Water Damage Restoration Palm City Company
Just like roofs, plumbing can have obvious signs of a water damage problem, or some not so obvious. For example, if your washing machine leaked water into your laundry room while you were away on vacation for two weeks and you come home to standing water, you will know to call for water damage restoration services in Palm City without delay. However, other signs are not so obvious, and they include these:
- Standing pools of water in your yard – This can be a sign that tree roots have grown into your pipes causing flooding, or if you are on a septic tank system, pooling water near the drain field can occur. Both scenarios have caused foundation flooding to the home, so be sure to call for a water damage inspection, as well as a plumber.
- Spots on interior walls – This is almost always caused by pip leaks from within your walls. Over time, a pipe leak will spread moisture to the walls and spotting will occur. Mold can also develop with this problem. As soon as you see the first sign of spotting you will want to call a water damage restoration company without delay.
- Leaking appliances – A leaking appliance may not mean there is a problem with the water heater, washing machine or dishwasher; the issue could be with the plumbing it is connected to. If you see a leak and the floor around and under the appliance is spongy, you should call a water damage restoration company without delay. You should also contact a plumber to rule out any problems with the plumbing system, and if indeed the issue is with your appliance, get it repaired and check to see if it’s still under warranty.
Call Titan Remediation for the best Water Damage Restoration Palm City Has to Offer
For more than a decade, Titan Remediation has been offering emergency water damage restoration Palm City services, scheduling routine inspections with homeowners whose properties have certain risk levels higher than most, and our family-owned and operated business has treated every customer just like members of our own family as we would hard using the latest water damage restoration technology to return every home back to normal and ensure the home is safe for each family.
If you ever notice any of these signs covered in this article, give us a call, let us investigate, and sleep well with peace of mind knowing your property and family are safe.