Choose the Right Mold Remediation Company: Protect Your Wallet, Health, and Home
Most homeowners aren’t familiar with the proper techniques for mold removal. Nor do they have the equipment needed to safely and effectively tackle mold issues. Hiring an inexperienced, unlicensed service provider, while possibly cheaper, can mean paying more later. It’s therefore essential to choose the right mold remediation company for the job.
There could be many financial repercussions by choosing an unlicensed company to deal with mold. These may include the following:
- The company is not responsible for the risks: They’re likely uninsured, so you’d be responsible for any damage or accidents that occur. Plus, if your homeowner’s insurance doesn’t recognize the company, or it lacks the appropriate certifications, the insurer could deny any claims that arise.
- Liability: If the mold removal service was done incorrectly by an unlicensed technician, a home or business owner could be sued. They may be liable if anyone on the property gets sick.
- Reduced home value: Shoddy workmanship, persistent mold problems, and lack of a proper mold inspection can reduce the value of your home if it’s put up for sale.
- Undetected water damage: An experienced mold remediation professional knows where to look. If the technician doesn’t look in the right places, water and mold can fester, leading to costlier problems later.
- No concern for your financial well-being: Established, licensed companies can schedule prompt service, communicate with your insurance company, and provide financing options.
How a Mold Remediation Company Can Protect Your Health
Mold thrives in the high humidity and moisture levels in West Palm Beach. Some molds are highly toxic. The mycotoxins they produce, even in small quantities, can be harmful to human health. Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Penicillium are just a few molds that can be dangerous. Even dead mold can release toxic compounds.
Mold exposure is associated with allergy symptoms, asthma and other respiratory problems, neurological disorders, and a weakened immune system. The symptoms of mold poisoning include coughing and wheezing, itchy eyes, headache, fatigue, and many other problematic signs. Do you often suffer from sneezing, runny nose, and/or nasal and sinus congestion? It may not be due to high pollen.
All these symptoms can be caused by mold. Mold remediation in West Palm Beach can protect your health for the following reasons:
- Thorough testing: If the source of mold or cause of symptoms aren’t known, someone with a mold-related illness may be in greater danger. A professional mold inspection finds all indoor air quality issues and determines if, where, and exactly what type of mold is present. It can also find other fungi, bacteria, and microbes that cause illness.
- Complete HVAC/air quality knowledge: Mold can infiltrate air conditioning systems and air ducts, causing mold spores to be blown everywhere in your home. A mold remediation specialist may use a HEPA vacuum to filter the finest spores and particles. Cold fogging can clean and deodorize air and alleviate mold-related symptoms. Indoor air quality is then tested to ensure the situation is taken care of.
- Properly equipped: Not only do professionals have effective tools and machinery. They also wear protective gear. Even a mold removal professional will get sick if they don’t properly handle and dispose of toxic mold. Never hire someone who doesn’t take the threat seriously. A licensed specialist will wear a protective suit, face shield, mask, and gloves.
- Containment: Professional remediators use proven sealing procedures to quarantine moldy areas. Techniques such as HEPA filtration and negative air flow are readily accessible to experienced contractors. Their best practices should be explained in detail; if not, you’re better off finding someone who can remove every last mold spore. In addition, all equipment used should be sanitized to prevent cross-contamination.
- Cleaning/removal of contaminated materials: Anything affected by mold, including clothing, must be properly removed, stored, and cleaned. Otherwise, you risk exposure, even if the rest of your home has been thoroughly treated. A professional should also remove contaminated drywall and any other porous building material. Materials and items that have been wet for over 24 hours should be discarded as well. Whatever is not completely dry creates a risk for additional mold.
Professional Mold Removal and Your Home
A licensed, certified professional knows what to look for. Mold grows wherever there is moisture and water. The source of a moisture problem can be a plumbing leak, spill, flood, high humidity, or damp walls or ceilings. If there is a pipe leak, for example, a mold expert can find it and recommend a professional plumber to fix it.
Many licensed mold remediation companies have a contractor’s license. This means they can perform any necessary structural repairs caused by mold damage. In severe cases, mold combined with water damage can compromise the structural integrity of your home. Any structural issues can violate building codes, so it is important to address any mold-related issue. Your finances, health, and safety may all be at risk.
By working with an experienced, reputable company, you may also receive tips. Following the advice of a licensed contractor can prevent mold in the future. It helps address the issues that allowed spores to grow in the first place. In addition to properly treating your home, a specialist can make recommendations such as proper ventilation and dehumidification. These may prevent future problems or reduce the likelihood of mold coming back
Contact Titan Remediation
Our team of highly trained mold remediation specialists uses the latest technology to effectively and thoroughly treat your home or business. We use an extremely systematic approach while ensuring our technicians are prompt and respectful. From mold inspections to addressing water and storm damage, we’re relied on for complete mold remediation in West Palm Beach and surrounding communities.
Call us at 561-475-4050 for 24/7 emergency service and to schedule mold inspection, mold removal, and restoration services.