With the threat of both COVID-19 and influenza, proper sanitization is more important than ever—but can you really be sure every surface in your home or business is sterilized? Viruses, bacteria, spores, and other microorganisms may lurk under seats and tables, inside drawers, and in nooks and crannies on equipment and electronics.
If you feel thorough wipe downs and wearing masks and gloves aren’t enough, dry fogging and cold sterilization provide an even greater level of protection for your home or business.
What Is Dry Fogging?
Dry fogging is a cold sterilization process in which a non-toxic disinfectant chemical is released as a mist of tiny particles. The vapor is rapidly dispersed and can reach all parts of the room without wetting surfaces, covering more square footage than wipe downs.
Depending on the size of a room, it can eliminate many types of pathogens in minutes. Larger spaces may take several hours to days. It is even a suitable disinfectant for coronavirus. All chemicals used are Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certified to be safe and will not harm humans or animals.
Applications for these types of anti-viral sterilization include pharmaceutical production, biotechnology, life science, health care, and clean manufacturing. Dry fogging is suited for use in hospital patient and surgical rooms, as well as any cleanroom application. It is also widely used in the food industry to deal with airborne microorganisms.
The Benefits of Dry Fogging Against Various Pathogens
Pathogens are present in areas you might not even think of. The processes of dry fogging and cold sterilization have many benefits that make them advantageous in nearly any industry or application. These key benefits include:
- Kills Coronavirus: A properly implemented disinfection process can limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect your staff, visitors, customers, and end-users of your products. However, we also recommend you wipe or wash frequently touched surfaces to ensure the greatest level of protection from coronavirus.
- Kills Mold: With dry fogging, droplet size is controlled and consistent, as well as small enough to kill airborne mold spores. It can prevent them from spreading and helps to reduce or eliminate musty odors caused by mold. In fact, many mold remediation companies employ fogging techniques to get the job done.
- Kills Bacteria and Viruses: A biocidal formulation kills most harmful bacteria and many types of viruses, including influenza, without leaving behind any residue. The fog penetrates inaccessible areas so there is no risk of infection or transmission following treatment.
- Safe and Non-Toxic: While it effectively kills microorganisms, the product cannot harm people or pets and will not contaminate food or any other product. It is also safe for the environment, as only ingredients registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency are used. The vapor is non-toxic and leaves behind no residue; it is also fully biodegradable.
- Fast Sterilization Process: The typical aeration process that Titan Remediation uses lasts about three hours, depending on the size of the room. The conventional process can take up to five days. Starting with opening doors, drawers, and closets, we then tape windows and exterior doors to prevent air from escaping, and then position equipment in a centralized location. Testing strips are placed in multiple locations to determine whether areas have been sufficiently treated. Special room preparation and conditioning are not required.
- Complete Coverage: The sterilization media reaches every surface, corner, drawer, and nook and cranny. You don’t have to move any items around. If there any tight areas you can’t reach, our fogging mist will get there and do the job.
- Makes Homes Feel Clean: We can eliminate musty odors caused by mold and ensure all unwanted microorganisms are neutralized, while there are no damp surfaces or residues left behind by our Dry Fog System.
- Makes Businesses Safe to Reopen: Whether you operate a store, restaurant, fast food franchise, health care practice, or any other type of business, our process will ensure it is free of coronavirus, influenza, and any other pathogen so it is safe to work in and serve customers.
What Chemicals Do We Use?
The dry fogging system we use consists of proprietary chemistry based on peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide. Recognized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), peracetic acid is often used to sterilize medical devices and food processing equipment. This biocidal oxidizer is colorless and suited for cleaning hard surfaces, preventing biofilm formation, and controlling Legionella bacteria in water towers.
Vaporized hydrogen peroxide is commonly used in cleanrooms and pharmaceutical production filling lines. It can be easily transported in mobile units and quickly degrades into harmless by-products. Used in waste treatment to degrade organic materials and reduce the odor of sulfur compounds, it is highly suited for room sterilization, as it’s effective against viruses, bacteria, bacterial spores, and yeasts.
To learn more about our dry fogging at Titan Remediation, browse our website or give us a call at (561) 475-4050 today!
Choose Titan Remediation for Your Dry Fogging Needs
Our dry fogging process is a safe, effective, and minimally disruptive form of cold sterilization. The process is cost-effective and can be employed as often as necessary. You can choose how often to use it, whether you need our experienced sterilization professionals once a month or every week. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address your needs.
If you find mold on the walls or require COVID-19 sterilization, Titan Remediation can help. Call 561-475-4050 today to learn more.